Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1st Mothers Day

I'll admit it was a little strange thinking that I got to celebrate Mothers Day but at the same time I was super excited to start a new celebration in our family. Tyler been so busy lately (he just bought out one of his competitors with his landscape maintenance company) that I thought he'd forget so I kept sneaking hints to him. Well he was super cute and got me beautiful yellow roses, made me a very yummy brunch and wrote the sweetest note. He even got paint and put his hand print on the paper and attempted to put on Cambri's hand print. I love my husband so much. I don't think he's ever been busier but he still seems to find time to be with his girls.

 Now about being a mom. Oh how I love it. I always knew I wanted to be a mom more than anything else in the world. Now, that I am a mom, there really is something almost magical about it. It's a different type of love. A love where I don't mind a babies cry because it is my baby and I want to take care of her. I don't mind getting up multiple times at night and being tired all the time because it gives me a few extra special moments with my daughter. I even don't mind the "blow outs" when changing diapers or "cleaning" the babies nose like I thought I would because I know it will make my baby feel better. I've never felt so lazy, yet so productive.

I had to go back to work last week for the last month of school. I think I felt the power of motherhood the most when I had to leave my baby without really choosing to. It makes me cherish every moment with her when I get home. To just hold her with no other distractions and stare at her. I love it when she nestles into me and sleeps. I love it when she stares at me and smiles. I love how I can rock her to sleep when no one else can. I love looking at her and seeing features that remind me of me and her daddy. I love all of her sweet noises. She is the sweetest baby and she is my baby. The first day she was born, a nurse at the hospital came in and kept saying "ok mom, lets do this or that" and I kept thinking she was talking to my mom but then I realized she was talking to me. That's my new title. "mom" and I love it! I love telling my baby I'm her mommy. I heard a quote somewhere saying something like "it's one thing to be a mother it's another thing to be called "mom".


I feel so honored that Heavenly Father has put his trust in me to raise one of his precious children. It gives me such a desire to raise my children in the gospel and I can only pray and plead that they accept and love it like I do.  I just love the words of our prophets and apostles. They say the things that I'm thinking in such a poetic way. A quote I heard from someones talk at church mentioned something like "the love a mother has for her child is the closest way to describe the love Heavenly Father has for us" I tried to find the exact quote but I couldn't find it. Instead I found this beautiful quote from Elder Holland. I think it kind of sums up how I feel. The importance of being a mom and to cherish every moment...  

“Today I wish to praise those motherly hands that have rocked the infant’s cradle and, through the righteousness taught to their children there, are at the very center of the Lord’s purposes for us in mortality… Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones… Mothers, we acknowledge and esteem your faith in every footstep. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever.” 
~Jeffery R. Holland





1 comment:

  1. That was a beautiful post, Cheryl. You are the best mom and Cambri is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete