Anyways, we did some fun things before Christmas including Christmas Parties and even a weekend getaway...
We had some fun family parties. Here are some pictures of The Babb Christmas party with Tyler's Dad's side of the family.
They had some fun games to play including one where you had to put on gloves, race to the other side and get a Hershey kiss, then race back and unwrap and eat it. Here's the boys playing the game and below that is Kris and I racing. I felt bad because I made Kris race me and then she got way into it and totally tripped and slid across the floor at the end! It was kind of funny though.
Tyler with his brother and our adorable Nephew
They also had a great game of 4 square going on.
There's a family at my school that has the coolest house set up. A bunch of siblings built houses next to each other and they have a train that goes around all of their houses. Well they are super generous and every year they have a haunted train ride and a polar express ride open for the public. I teach a couple of the kids in the family so they invited me to go on the polar express ride. I invited Tylers family to come with us but Tyler had a final that night so he couldn't make it. I was blown away by how much work they put into it! They had lights all over and music playing and we even stopped at the north pole and saw Santa. What was really neat is the 2nd half of the train ride was all focused on Christ and they had pictures blown up of Christs life from when he was born to when he was resurrected. It really reminded me of the true reason we celebrate Christmas.
Tyler surprised me with a weekend getaway in Heber which is about a half hour up the provo canyon. He actually rented snowmobiles and I was really excited to go but then I asked my doctor if that was okay being pregnant and he said that it was probably one of the worst things I could do being 28 weeks pregnant so I was really bummed and wasn't able to go so Tyler is going to take his dad and brother instead. But we still went up to Heber and we used a free stay at the Zermot Hotel that we got from babysitting a family in our ward. It's way cute/nice hotel that has a Swedish Theme. We went out to eat at a really nice restaurant and enjoyed relaxing and using the amenities of the hotel. I wasn't going to post this picture but it's a good belly shot to see how big my belly is getting.
We had a great Christmas Party with The Nelson Side of the family (Tyler's Mom's Side). They rented out a couple of rooms at Noah's where one room had a pool table and ping pong and they rented out a wallyball court. We had yummy food and a fun gift exchange.
As for School, Christmas is one of the crazy times of years because the kids get super hyper and excited for Christmas plus they are stuck inside most of the time due to inside recess and testing starts so I get stressed out having to get subs and pull kids out to do testing. But somehow I survived! We had a school wide performance where every grade sang a song for all the parents. Kindergarten sang "Up on the House Top". The music was too quiet so half the kids were off of the music and half were on and yeah..it was a little disastrous but I guess it's Kindergarten so it's all good. We also had a polar Express Christmas Party where the kids came in their pajamas and we watched the polar express and then pretended to go on a train ride to the north pole. We then had a class party with games and made gingerbread houses. It was really fun. I had to show the pictures of the kids on the "train ride" their faces are priceless. haha
And last but not least I have to show my 7 month belly picture. The day I took the picture it snowed a ton! So Tyler had me take a picture outside as well and I took the picture of my car to show how much it snowed.















No comments:
Post a Comment