Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Turkey Filled Day

For Thanksgiving this year we went to Richfield, UT where Tylers cousins live. It's about 2 hours south of where we live. Apparently they have only been there for thanksgiving two years and it just so happens to be the two years I've been in Utah for Thanksgiving. Lucky me!

Well we had a great ride. We decided to bring the Black Friday adds to get us prepared for the next day of Black Friday shopping. That actually took me the majority of the ride over so that was a good time filler.


 In a random small town we drove by, there was actually a  flock of Wild Turkeys! Right next to the road! What are the chances of seeing that on Thanksgiving so of course I had the car pull over so I could take a picture. Tyler and I tried to get out of the car to get a picture with them but they all flew away. Who knew Turkeys could even fly?


Next the boys had to get together in 12 degree weather and play their annual "turkey bowl" football game. It actually got down to -4 degrees outside the car on the ride over but heated up to about 20 degrees that day.
Crazyness!

 Tyler and his Uncle Dave (together we have 3 Uncle Dave's!) got the honers of cutting the Turkey

We had two big tables full of people.The adult table and the kids table. You know, you'd think once you get married you wouldn't have to sit at the kids table anymore but we totally always do still because all of the kids just get older so naturally they all sit together still. Maybe we'll call our table the adult table and the other one the old fogeys table.
One of the top things that I am grateful for at the moment is having such an amazingly easy pregnancy. I haven't been sick the whole time! Well after a fun filled day with Tylers family we headed home. I realized that being pregnant and full is the worst feeling ever. I feel like I get full faster being pregnant which sucks because I wanted to eat a lot of food. Well that full filling never went away the whole ride home! When I got to bed I still had that full filling. Needless to say that night I ended up throwing up a couple of times and then I had stomach aches the whole day the next day. So I'm not sure if it was from the pregnancy or if it was something I ate but I was really bummed because now I can't say I never got sick the whole pregnancy.

Oh, I have to add a class picture. For thanksgiving I had my class make little Pilgrim and Indian outfits and we got to reenact the "First Thanksgiving" It was really cute and the kids loved it!

2 comments:

  1. ooh I'm so sorry you threw up...NOT haha j/k I seriously totally am sorry that you got sick. Especially on Thanksgiving. That is the worst :( I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Thanks for the fun pictures. I love seeing what you are up to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i totally know what you mean about being pregnant and full. it truly is the worst!

    oh and what cute little pilgrims and indians!

    ReplyDelete