Sad that I'm finally feeling pregnant, well not really sad more like awesome! This week I have been SO tired! I think its a combination of Being 8 Months pregnant (today!), getting back on the school routine after a long break, and having a cold this week. Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and was as tired as ever! I pretty much have no desire to teach and especially manage a classroom full of 5 and 6 year olds all day. It's starting to get uncomfortable sitting down. Like your belly feels squished into your thighs. I was testing some kids in reading today and was sitting in one of my very small kindergarten chairs like I normally do and yeah, that doesn't work anymore so I had to find a big chair for me to sit in.
I'm feeling our little girl kick a TON now! And I love it! I especially love how excited Tyler gets. The other night she had the hiccups and was moving all over and Tyler was so worried that something was wrong haha. He's been so great and supportive during the pregnancy. I'm so lucky to have him!
When we went to California for Christmas (2 weeks ago) we got another 3D ultrasound. I was so excited to see our little girl in detail. unfortunately she was not being cooperative and was hiding her face with her hands the whole time and facing the wrong way so we only saw her backside. I was pretty bummed. But everything is looking healthy and we found out that she is a fast growing baby! She was already 4.1 lbs 2 weeks ago! She's in the 95% for weight, 97% for height and 98% for Fetal Development. So yeah, I'm getting prepared for a big baby haha.
Anyways, being pregnant is so amazing. It's so crazy to think that there is a real baby inside of me just inches away and I can't believe how soon she's going to be here. It's going by SO fast. Our big debate right now is on strollers. Does anyone have any favorites? I can't decide between getting a good travel system or a 3 wheel jogger stroller that I can put a car seat in when needed. Let me know!
the birth story
5 years ago
We just got the travel system. It's a nice all terrain stroller and has tons of storage space for when you are on an all day outting (like the zoo) The only downside is that the travel system stroller is big and bulky so it can be a pain to take somewhere if it's just for a small errand. We got a cheapy little umbrella stroller for little walks around our neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteIf I could do it all over again I would get a jogger instead of the travel system (BUT I have never used a jogger, so I could be wrong...I'm just assuming the grass is greener...). That being said, I love my travel system, but I use my umbrella stroller a lot more than the travel system because it gets really heavy to push around when the kids start to gain more weight. They are great for babies though. This just reminded me that I haven't given you a list of my favorite things! p.s. be sure to text or call no matter the hour when ever baby girl is coming!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you Cheryl! We got the "Baby Jogger, City Mini" and it is awesome! I didn't like the travel systems because they are so bulky, but then again, it depends on what you most want to use your stroller for. (PS- Little girls are the best!)
ReplyDeleteWe got the graco flip-it travel system and have loved it. I still want to get a separate jogger stroller, but there's not as much of a use for one at first since you really can't run with them until they're a little older and stronger. We've really loved our travel system. The one we got isn't too bulky, and we just keep it in our trunk for outings and such.
ReplyDeleteAAAHHH!!! We are so excited for you guys! I can't believe your little girl will be here so soon! Being a parent is seriously such a blast! You and Tyler will love it! We had the same dilemma when we were trying to find a stroller. We have a travel system and I love it. It is really nice to just move sleeping baby right to the stroller and not have to move him. But a jogger would be nice too...It's so hard! Good luck! Hope to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you are loving it Cheryl :) I miss those kicks and movements and am excited to feel them again!
ReplyDeleteSo, I am all for the travel system! I totally agree with what the others said. It's really convenient when they are sleeping to just take out the carseat and snap it in the stroller. Saves a lot of trouble and energy. Good luck with choosing! Can't wait to see her :)