Saturday, April 23, 2011

Park City Spring Break

For Spring Break last week, Tyler's parents were so nice and invited us to stay at the Park City Marriott with them for the week. Tyler had to come back and forth because he had classes but I stayed up there with Cambri the whole time. It was so nice to get out of the house and do something different. Here are some things we did:

We went to the pool a lot. It's the coolest pool with tons of hot tubs and waterfalls and right next to the lift as you can see in the background





We went Skiing. I definitely didn't think I'd be snowboarding this season with a new baby but the opportunity arose and I took it. I went one day snowboarding and it was fun because half way through I switched with Tyler's sister and I went skiing and she went snowboarding (we're the same size feet). I've only really gone skiing once before so I thought it's be fun to just give it a try again. I didn't do too bad but still need tons of practice before I hit the blue runs.

These are pictures we took right before we went skiing.


The Babb Family

 I think this picture is hilarious because it totally shows everyones personality while we were waiting to take the pic. Carrisa's like, "lets do a thumbs up!" so Kris joins her. Then Kaitlyn's like, "oh everyones doing a thumbs up? I'll do it too." Jason and Nicole are just kind of watching everyone like "ok, this isn't my family." Dave is just way overly excited to take the picture. Coltons' is just standing there thinking, "hurry up so I can go snowboarding." I'm looking around trying to get everyone to pose. Tyler's on his phone. Oakley is smiling for the picture. Cambri's sleeping, and Nicole's BF Tanner is like, no I don't need to be in the family picture. (If you don't know who these people are, I wrote there names above them, You can click to make it bigger.)


We went shooting. I've only gone shooting once before and I hated it. It was with a small gun and was really scary. This was neat because we were outdoors and had to try to shoot the "pigeons" which btw I was shocked to discover they don't really look like pigeons, they're just orange disk you throw in the air. But the adventure involved with this was that it took us 2 hours to actually get to the shooting site (we had to get ammo and find a place to go) and then Carissa and I only got to shoot 2 times. The boys were being gun hogs. (Tyler wasn't here because he had to go to class)


After, I was informed that wasn't very smart of me to point the gun in my face (even though there was no ammo in it) oops


This is me shooting.
We played in the snow. (Hopefully for the last time this season)

Cambri all bundled up to go outside.

The sun was very bright! 

My adorable nephew




We just relaxed.  Most of the time we just stayed in and relaxed (and watched a lot of Modern Family) It was so nice.



I got to use Cambri's pack in play for the first time. Isn't it so cute?!

I definitely found it more frustrating being on vacation with a baby because it's way harder to just go out and do stuff. You have to consider her feeding schedule, weather, can a baby come, etc. Luckily Tyler's Mom is amazing and offered to watch her all the time. Thanks Kris!

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl you are so awesome! I love that you are already back to snowboarding and such. I love that about you!!
    Your baby girl is so beautiful-and I do love her name. :)

    ReplyDelete