My Grandpa William (Bill) Johnson passed away peacefully this morning at about 4:05am.
He died from of a short battle of cancer in the brain. He lived a long memorable life to the age of 87 (or maybe 88?) He was a very handsome young man who was a spy in Japan during world war two. He married my Grandma Lorraine Mills after the war and had three children with her; my dad (Jay), Randy, and Laurel. My Grandma Lorraine passed away from cancer shortly after my Dad returned from his mission in Mexico City. My Grandpa later married my Grandma Ann and adopted her two children; Dean and Byron into the family. He lived in Montrose/La Crescenta/La Canada, CA and worked as a Engineer at Disneyland until he retired. Once retired he moved to Springville, Utah where all of the college grandchildren loved coming over for Sunday dinners. He will always be remembered as an amazing grandpa who loved to tell stories of his past, had a great sense of humor, and always gave us chocolate milk when we would visit as kids. We surely will miss him and those white latex gloves getting Sunday Dinners ready. I'm so glad we got to have a few pictures of Cambri with him before he passed away. We love you Grandpa! You will alway be remembered in our hearts.
| Visiting Grandpa a few days before he died |
The first time Tyler met Grandpa he comes to Tyler and shook his hand and said, "Nice to see you again". I said "Grandpa, this is Tyler. You've never met him before". He responds, "Oh, well she brings so many boys over I can't remember who is who". I just about died! I'm pretty sure I only brought one other boy over before and now there Tyler was thinking that he's "just one of the many boys". I guess it didn't bug Tyler too much because we ended up getting married!


I loved this post. Thanks for the fun memories and great pictures. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your Grandpa Cheryl and I'm sorry we missed you guys when you were up here in SLC. We will definitely have to get together soon!
ReplyDelete