Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love Day

The last two weeks have been so weird because I keep looking back at what we were doing a year ago with Cambri just being born. Like right now a year ago today Cambri just got off of her bilirubin bed and Tyler went to church and I stayed home and he had some of the boys come over to give me the and my mom the sacrament. Well on Valentines Day a year ago we got to take home our brand new baby girl from the hospital. I think Valentines now has a new meaning with us because of it. It will always remind me of coming home from the hospital, the best and scariest feeling ever.
Taking Cambri home from the hospital, she was SO small!
This year for Valentines we had a fun time expressing our love for each other. I made Tyler a huge Candy letter and put balloons on our bed with notes saying why I loved him. He gave me some beautiful roses and chocolate. Cambri even got a little surprise left by her crib. It's actually really cute because I was at the grocery store and showed her three stuffed animals and asked her which one she wanted. She just looked at all three and then totally stuck her hand out to the mouse and yelled "ehh"! So that's what she got. And we got her a straw sippy cup because she loves sipping out of a straw and hasn't seemed to love other sippy's . Cambri also got her 1 year shots on Valentines which is never fun but she did really good!






I love being a teacher during the holidays. Valentines is so fun with Kindergartners. I taught them how to write letters that week and they got so into it. Let's just say I got poored with love with these cute little letters on Valentines day. They also made these giant rice krispy Hershey kiss which is a big deal to have and two of the boys were so cute and wanted to give me there's. I love the age of 5 and 6. They are so sweet and loving. I'm so lucky to be able to teach them.

they all had heart hair! So cute!


That night I was excited to go on a date. Tyler couldn't find any restaurants with reservations open so we were going to go really early and Tyler was going to skip his night class. But then he found out that he had a presentation so he had to go to that. Tyler surprised me with a babysitter and we headed out for dinner around 7:00, prime dinner time. We thought we'd get Indian food because maybe it wouldn't be as crowded but it still was. We waited about an hour to get seated and another 45 minutes to get our food but it was worth it in the end...yummm. We then got cold stone ice cream after that, our favorite. 

I love my little family so much and love that we have a special day to think of fun ways to express it. Life is great!


Cambri did NOT want me to take her picture that day. her shirt said "Daddies Little Sweetheart"

I love this picture and I love my Husband. He is so sweet and loving. I'm so lucky to have him!

1 comment: