Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In Loving Memory

Early this morning my Grandma Virginia Zula Sunderland Passed away. She was old and in pain so it was actually surprisingly nice news to hear. I was lucky to have just seen her last week a couple of times when I went home for spring break. (which I will do a post on shortly). She is usually the funniest outgoing person when I see her and the last time I saw her she couldn't say a word because she was in too much pain so my sister and I sang her some hymns. My grandparents were divorced and my mom lived with my grandpa most of her life and didn't really know her mom. When I was little, I only remember seeing her one time when I was in second grade. After my grandpa passed away my mom and her siblings convinced my grandma to move closer to them so they could take care of her. That was when I was a senior in high school. So since then I have gotten to know her a lot better. She was always so fun and had the best stories to tell. She was a beautiful women with a strong testimony of the gospel. I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life. It makes it a happy moment for me when old people die because I know that they are happier in the spirit world and I will be able to see them again. I don't know how anyone could deal with death without the knowledge of the gospel and the plan of salvation.


Speaking of the gospel, I have to tell a kindergarten story. Yesterday I was at recess with my class and I noticed a few kids in the coat room so I went to get them and one of the girls was holding a tiny pink New Testament. I asked "What are you guys doing?" They responded "Oh, were just learning about Jesus. I got this for Easter!" So she is one of my top readers and started reading a scripture about Jesus to the other kids. After, I asked "so what does that mean?" and she responded "well we don't really know. Those are more adult words so I'm trying to find one that kids can understand" Haha. So cute! I decided to let them stay in there and keep "learning about Jesus". Only in Utah.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your grandma! Hope you and your family are doing good. And I always love your kindergarten stories! ha amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture with you and Grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol to the kindergarten story, not Grandma passing away. I love that picture of Grandma, where did you get it? do you have a larger file you can send me? I'm glad you got to go down there last week and see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your Grandma, Cheryl. I didn't know until just now wen I read your post. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. P.S. Just wait till the kids start building the temple with blocks :). Only in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren,
    That's already happened. haha!

    ReplyDelete