Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

I love April Fools Day. I've always been a prankster and would love to scare people. The only problem was when I was little everyone would get mad at me for pulling pranks. They probably had the right because I did pranks like put ice in their shoes, Vaseline on the door knob, put toothpaste between Oreo's etc. Well I've learned not to do tricks that get people too mad now. Now I just like doing tricks that get people freaked out.

2008: When I was in New Zealand, I had the dad I was staying with call Tyler and tell him that I broke my arm. Tyler was in a panic because we were engaged at the time. I skyped him later that day with a fake cast on and then I took off the cast and on my arm it said April Fools.

2009: I did the whole fake pregnancy thing. Tyler fell for it and I could tell at that point that he was not ready to have kids yet. I thought about doing that again this year but I thought maybe he would be more excited now and that would just be mean.

2010: So instead, this year it was really sad because I couldn't think of anything good. So this morning I told Tyler that I dropped my ring in the sink. For a moment he freaked out about it but then he was like "Wait, is today April Fools? It is!" So that didn't work to well. I also put a fake parking ticket on his truck but he came home after dark tonight so he actually hasn't seen it yet. I guess I'll get the reaction tomorrow.

My kindergarten class was the funnest to joke around with. Right when I went out to get them I told them that I didn't feel like teaching today and to go home and then I shut the door. Then I said April Fools and they thought that it was SO FUNNY! I was like, yes this is going to be great. So then, I was telling them my schedule for the day and on my schedule chart all I had was Math. I told them "we are going to do math the whole day today and if anyone complains they are going straight to the principals office." They all had the most shocked disappointed faces. Then one girl raised her hand and said "Well, my mom isn't going to know when to pick me up if we only have math" And then I told them that it's the WHOLE day and they will be here the same amount of time and they were like what?! So I did my morning calendar routine and then I started doing a math problem with them and then said "April Fools!" And boy those faces were classic!! They were seriously the best little surprised happy faces ever! Well that was a mistake for me to do because I did not here the end of the corniest jokes that they thought were so funny.."Mrs. Babb, your shoe is untied! April fools!" "Mrs. Babb a monster is eating the school! April Fools!" "Mrs. Babb. There's a dragon behind you! " "Mrs. Babb, there's a spider on your head! April fools!" I probably go that one 20 times. But then someone was like "there's a spider over there!" and I kind of ignored it but then there really was a spider! haha! But yeah, those jokes got old after probably 10 seconds. It was fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment