Tyler went skiing and I went snowboarding. I ended up getting pretty decent at snowboarding after getting a season pass one year but I never really got to the point where I felt I was in total control. I hate going fast and I always feel like I'm about to cut the edge on my board and fall on my face oh and the thing I hate most about snowboarding is how cold I get!! It's been a while since the last time I went so I was a little scared. So we go up our first run and the lift it just keeps going up an up. I like to go on blue runs and Tyler said this was a blue run but man it looked steep as we were going up so I was getting a little scared. Finally we got to the top and of course as I get off the life the people in front of me all crashed together and were in my way and so I crashed into them. Well going down wasn't too bad but a lot the run seemed kind of narrow where I like to have my space. As I was going down I realized that I really don't like snowboarding that much and I do it more because I feel like I should (I'm not sure why). So I was a little scared going down the run and we decided to go on a green run next. So we go down an easy green and I got the hang of my board more but then BAM! I caught my edge and did a flip slamming my head on the ground and then that really freaked me out and I had no desire to snowboard! So I told Tyler that he could go on a couple runs and I was going to stay at the bottom for a little bit. I knew he wanted to do a couple black runs anyways.
Well when he got back it started to really snow and I didn't really care to go anymore so we decided to see if we could check into the hotel and we could! We got to our room and there were two beds. Two beds! no way Jose. So we called and it would cost $20 to upgrade to 1 king bed OR we could spend $30 and upgrade to the spa level floor where we have full use to the spa ammenities which included a big hot tub and pool on the roof, a sauna, a steam, room, locker rooms, etc. So we decided to do that. We then enjoyed all of the spa features and then we went to a good Mexican resturant they had in the hotel. It was a really fun little getaway that is only 45 minutes from where we live. And I loved how it made the short weekend seem to drag out forever. I was disappointed in myself for giving up so easily in snowboarding. Tyler said it's because I'm getting old haha. I'll have to go out again before the season ends and get my confidence boosted a little more. My little sister and her friend are coming up to visit me next weekend and to go snowboarding so maybe I'll join them for a day!
It was snowing when we were in the hot tub so Tyler had fun collecting the snow on his hair
How fun!!! I love little getaways like this. That's funny the first room you guys went to had two beds ha. And I've never been snowboarding, but I am proud of you for trying Cheryl! Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete