This week is one of my favorite weeks to teach because I'm teaching the kids about USA Presidents and America and boy do they get confused about church and state during this since almost all of my students are LDS. Here are some sample Q&A's.
Q: Who is the President of the United States?
A: President Obama
Kids blurts out: AM class: My Mom doesn't like Obama (a few other kids say mine doesn't either!)
PM class: My brother said a bad word about him because he doesn't like him.
Q: (I hold up a picture of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln) Who is this president? (pointing to George Washington)
A: President Hinckley! This girl later raises her hand and tells me about how her mom told her a story about how the prophets used to knock on doors and no one liked the prophets and went on for a while about it.
Q: Who gets to choose who the President is?
A: God
Q: I show a picture of the original 13 colonies and how small it is compared to the 50 states we have now.
A: Someone raises his hand and says "and it was God who made the rest of them happen."
Side Note: I went to recess during my afternoon class and I sat on the pavement against the brick wall and I FELT RAYS OF SUNSHINE! I love this time of year when the first rays of warmth start appearing. It feels so good and makes me so happy! Recess was a little longer today due to this :)
the birth story
6 years ago
hahaha I think it would be so fun to work in a classroom full of kids. Their thought process is so funny. So cute.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a fun valentines day! And I'm loving your hair right now Cheryl. Anyway tell Tyler hi from us! It's been a while since we've seen you guys... so we should try and get together soon?!