Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cambri's "Play dates"

I was scared to go back to work this past year while having a baby. I felt guilty both ways. I was a bad mom for working by not being with my baby all day but I felt guilty not working because I felt like I should be helping my family make some money especially while Tyler was still in school and "experimenting" with his businesses. So I thought I'd give it a year and see how it went. I definitely had harder days than others leaving my baby but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I was so lucky and had such great people watching my baby girl. She was with my wonderful mother-in-law 2 1/2 days of the week. Cambri LOVED being with Nana and Papa and especially the dog Lilly. Tyler took her half of a day, one day I switched watching kids with the other Kindergarten teacher and the other day I switched watching kids with a good friend. So those two days were fun because she got to play with other kids. I was anticipating Cambri having separation anxiety and crying every time I left her but she was the complete opposite loving to go Bye Bye and waving goodbye when I left with a smile. It was definitely harder for me than for her. Work also gave me a "hobby" and a good routine for the day and I was only gone for 4 hours which half of that she was taking a nap anyways. Besides, I love my job and it really is so fulfilling helping all of those Kindergartners learn to read and gain that love for learning. So in conclusion, it was totally doable and although I would still rather just stay home with my baby it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

Anyways, the funny thing is Tyler would always call me watching these other kids "play dates". I had to keep reminding him that they aren't play dates because part of the fun of play dates is hanging out with the other moms so it's more babysitting. 

That said, here are Cambri's "play dates" she had this year...

Cambri Loves Grandma!

 Sometimes Cousin Oakley would be at Grandmas to play with Cambri when she came.

 One Day Maia came with her Utes gear on so I just had to dress Cambri in her BYU outfit that day :)

 Playing with her buddies Cohen and Graham. Cohen always wanted to play "boats" with Cambri



1 comment:

  1. Haha how fun! We sure love Cambri and had so much fun with her! I didn't even know you had taken that last picture of them... I'll have to save that to my computer ;)

    ReplyDelete