Saturday, May 26, 2012

This Mothers Days

(written May 15th)
A couple days ago was Mothers Day. It's a day that I'm proud to be a part of. To be a Mommy. It's my second year celebrating Mothers day and it's been a great year, too fast of a year. A not long enough year. It scares me because I know it will only go faster. Cambri is now 15 months old. She is at the funnest age right now and is all over the place but is such a good baby. She is so independent yet still makes sure she is close to mom. She has started to be more cuddly and will give me hugs whenever I am about to put her down to sleep. She tries so hard to say I Love You but can only get the "I" out. But I know she does. Sometimes she will give me that stare, that moment that I know we are connected and she is mine and she knows that I'm her mommy, that I will always take care of her and love her. She gave me the best gift this mothers day. She didn't make it through church and only really lasted through sacrament meeting so I took her home to give her a nap. As soon as I changed her she let me cradle her in my arms. I sat down in the rocker and started singing her the song I would always sing when we cuddled in the rocker. "I know my Heavenly Father Loves Me" (Whenever I hear the song of a bird). She just stared at me and then slowly closed her eyes. I couldn't help but cry. It brought back all those many hours I spent the last year rocking my baby to sleep. I went to our main room and the comfy rocker and she slept with me while I read some conference talks. It's been forever since she took a nap with me holding her. I loved it. What a beautiful gift that she gave me to let me rock my baby to sleep perhaps this one more time and enjoy these last moments of her being a baby. I wish time could freeze. I'm so comfortable with how life is right now, with my little family of three in our little basement apartment. Life is good. Will it always be good? I know it won't but it's what we make out of every situation. Even the bad times can turn into blessings. I look at my mom and I looked at Tyler's Grandma and while wishing them Happy Mothers days how it is my mom's 30th Mothers day and Tylers Grandmas 58th mothers day. Wow. Life has only just begun. I'm excited to see what all my children will be like, what our family has in store for us. It will be an adventure, it will be magical, but really it will be what I make it to be. It's all up to me and what I choose to do with myself and my attitude in life. Let's make it a good one, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. Love this Cheryl, very beautiful! Your such a wonderful mother and I love little Cambri :)

    ReplyDelete