
I started writing this post yesterday and made it detailed and it was way too long so I'm going to shorten it up a little. (although it's probably still super long)
It was a pretty crazy experience because Tyler and I went to our regular 36 week doctors appointment and they found out I had pre-eclampsia which is really high blood pressure and can be dangerous to the mom and so they sent us straight to labor and delivery. Tyler and I were in complete shock. That definitely was not in our plans any time soon. So we go to the hospital thinking they would just send us home but the doctor decided to induce me! To be honest the first thing I thought of was "oh no, it's our 100th day of school tomorrow!" I really didn't want to miss that but I eventually got used to the fact that I wasn't going back to teach any time soon. So I called my mom and her and my dad get right in the car to drive to Utah from California but it was bad timing because Tylers parents were leaving on a cruise Saturday (this was on Thursday). So we had to wait for my mom and dad to come up but not wait too long so Tyler's parents could be there. I was in labor for about 35 hours because it took about 28 hours for me to be dilated past a level 1. They finally tried this thing where they put a balloon up me to dilate me more and boy did that work. I started feeling the contractions right away. Then all of a sudden my water broke and I went to a level 9.5 within 5 hours! So Saturday at 5:30 in the morning we found out we were about ready to deliver. I called my parents to come to the hospital and we call Tyler's parents and they were just leaving to go to the airport to catch their flight for the cruise but they decided to come to the delivery and try to catch a later flight. Also at that time the doctors were changing shifts and who was the doctor on call? Doctor Broberg! The doctor I really wanted because his dad delivered me when I was a baby (he's form my home town). Of course I got an epidural so the actual delivery wasn't bad at all! I was so shocked at how easy the pushing process was. and I pushed for about 40 minutes so not bad at all.
I thought for sure that I would cry when she was born but I was so full of happiness and shock that I have a baby that I couldn't cry and was just smiling the whole time. It was such a great experience. I even got to have my grandma be my nurse in the mother baby aftercare. I think the moment when I really had that bond with my baby was when she first opened her eyes and stared at me. It was such a deep stare and I felt this instant burst of love and joy for my baby girl. She is so beautiful and perfect.
When we left the hospital she was in the 4 lb range. But we got to take her home with us that Monday, Valentines day. So we were very lucky and happy. This first week with her has been amazing. Yes, it's hard having to get up in the night with her and getting used to breast feeding but it's so worth it. I've recovered very nicely so that's been a major plus. She is so adorable and I am still in shock that she is MY baby and I get to be her mom forever. She got Jaundice pretty bad this week, which is when their skin turns yellow so we had to put her in this UV bed all day except for when I fed her for a couple of days. That was hard not to hold her whenever I wanted but at least we got to have her at home. But yeah, being a Mom is amazing and Tyler is the cutest Dad ever! I love having a little family of 3 now. Here are some pictures of our sweet baby girl Cambri!










She is seriously so adorable! I love the name and we can't wait to meet her! Glad that things went well and you are adjusting to the new life of motherhood!
ReplyDeleteI'm so in love!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is perfect! I'm glad everything went well and you are recovering quickly.
ReplyDeleteShe's gorgeous, and SO tiny! What a sweet baby! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete