When we went to California, the first weekend we were there we had the Burk Reunion which is my mom's side of the family (Burk is her maiden name) Its been about 10 years since the last time we had a reunion so it was really great to see everyone. All of my Mom's siblings were there but we were missing a lot of the cousins. We went camping at a Lake Piru which is where my Grandpa use to take his kids camping. My favorite part was definitely sitting around the camp fire and hearing my uncles sing. They all play the guitar and have the most gorgeous voices. (Too bad I didn't get that gene.) I really could sit all day listening to them. Tyler called them a bunch of hippies haha.

Everybody!

My Mom and her siblings
I was always super close to my Uncle Rob
Poor Tyler got sick

Me and my Cousin Christine. We were inseparable as kids!

Classic Uncle Dave

We started a horseshoe tournament. Tyler and I were rocking it but somehow it never got finished.

We did some fine activities like Kayaking ...
and eating yummy food
This is a coat we made at a reunion when we were really little. (My Grandpa's name is Joseph) We all got our own patch to write a name on. Someone saved it and brought it!
Fun fun! I love family reunions! Looks like you're enjoying your summer vacation...you have the best job for that! Miss you girl!
ReplyDeletethat joseph coat is so cool! looks like a fun trip!
ReplyDelete