My home town, La Canada, CA had a huge fire go through it. It's now finally starting to go away from La Canada but threating other towns now. Luckily my family is fine and live more in the valley. Here are some statistics:
~It started last Wednesday
~105,000+ acres have been burned
~Over 12,500 homes were threatened and 6,400 under mandatory evacuation
~around 21 homes have burned down in the canyon areas not in La Canada
~2 fire fighters have died
~ around 500 homes lost electricity
~My little sisters first day of high school was canceled
~it is spreading in 3 directions and is only 5% contained
Here is a picture of the backyard where Tyler and I had our wedding reception in La Canada!!!


Oh my goodness HOW SCARY!! I'm glad that your family is safe. The first picture is waaaay crazy.
ReplyDeleteWow Cheryl. So SAD! and SOO SCARY! I remember when a huge fire went through my old home town in Claremont CA and it was devastating to hear what had been damaged or burnt down. I am so sorry! Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete