Saturday, August 22, 2009

Western Caribbean Cruise!

Woohoo! The best trip ever! Tyler and I went with just the two of us on a Western Caribbean 7 day cruise with Carnival cruise line. It was so awesome! Our ports of call were: Ochos Rios Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island, and Cozumel, Mexico! We stayed in South Beach Florida a day before the cruise and two days after. Man, I cant think of a better way to vacation where everything is done for you and you just get to have fun!

South Beach Florida


This is a picture of South Beach I took from the cruise boat as we were leaving. Look how crowded!!
The water here had to be about 90 degrees. It was like a hot tub!

On the Boat


As we were leaving Miami, FL
We had two formal nights o the cruise. This is us the first formal night.
You kind of get an idea of what the main deck looks like. There was also a big water slide and tons of other stuff.
Every day when we got back to our room at night, room service made little animals for us out of towels and put them on our bed.

This video shows to you why they call Carnival the party cruise! Tyler and I kept on getting picked to do everything!

Ochos Rios, Jamaica



We went tubing down a gorgeous river there. You can see in the background how clear the river was. There were a couple rapids but it was more relaxing than anything.
We hiked up Dunns River Water Fall. Which is this gorgeous natural waterfall. It was really fun.

That's our carnival boat in the background


Grand Cayman Islands

We went shopping for a while and there was this way fun store that had sand as it's flooring! haha.
This is our future vacation home. So pretty! Right on the ocean and they have these little channels that are like roads for boats.

My favorite thing we did the whole trip was go to stingray city. We were in the middle of the ocean and were standing waist high with stingrays. We got hold them and feed them. They were huge!!!! The dark spots in the water are stingrays. We got some better picture with an underwater disposable camera but we haven't developed that yet.
The water was so blue!! I love it!
This was cool because it looked like it was raining far away from us but the water is so clear. And that's our boat in the background.

I got blue glitter toes for our cruise!

Cozumel,Mexico

So I'm very sad and mad to say that my camera got stolen while on the cruise!!! We were sitting at a table and I put my camera on a chair next to me and we were there for a while. Well when we were going I realized I left it there and we went back and it was gone! No one turned it into the lost an found :( Luckily we downloaded our pictures the day before but unfortunately our day in mexico was on the camera so we have no pictures cozumel :(

But what we did was so fun! We rented a jeep and went to some mayan ruins and then we went snorkeling the rest of the day. That was Tyler's favorite day!

So yeah, that was the best trip ever! I loved it! I think everyone should go on a cruise sometime in their lives. The only bad thing is now I want to go again! haha

4 comments:

  1. cruises are so much fun! that is so cool you guys got to go, can't believe you lost your camera. so sad. :( it looks like you two had a great summer and stayed busy! i can't believe that you have a house! hope to see you two when we get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN! I love all your posts and pics! Sorry about your camera :( :( :( I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip. Seriously, such a cool adventure. How is school?? Hope you like all your new kids. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast! You convinced me - I am now wanting to go on a cruise super bad. We'll see if it happens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had fun on the cruise!!! You guys have had a crazy fun summer!!! So how are your kids this year? We just have 2 more weeks until baby Kylie comes!!

    ReplyDelete