Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christmas!


So the plan when we got married was so switch off Christmas every other year between our families. But I soon found that while I am teaching it is really hard to only see my family at Thanksgiving because it really only gives us a couple of days with them since the break is so much shorter and we drive to CA. So Tyler has been very nice and the last couple of years we have been able to be with my family. Well this year I think we found the perfect solution. We found some awesome prices on plane tickets and decided to stay here for Christmas and the next day fly down to California for the week after Christmas. I worked out perfect. That way we didn't worry about having to bring all our gifts down.

Well the next question was do we we do all of Christmas with Tyler's family or start our own Christmas? I think we found a fun solution to that as well. We decided to have Santa come to our home and then brought our wrapped presents over to Tyler's parents to open gifts with them. I loved it that way! Cambri was so excited to see that she got a kitchen set from Santa. It was the perfect gift for her! She was really starting to get board of her toys and was always wanting to be like mommy; sweeping the floor, putting her babies night night, and watching me cook.  So this is perfect for her to start using her imagination and it's SO cute seeing her pretend to cook food and poor her "water" and feed her babies. Other highlight gifts were a sewing machine for mommy, yay!!! and a jerky maker dehydrator for Daddy. I'm happy because now I can make dried fruit, yum!

After opening presents we did the Babb family Christmas traditions. We headed over to Tyler's Great  Uncles house where he feeds all of his extended family a yummy breakfast and then gives all unmarried kids $100, Cambri sure scored with that! Then we headed over to Tyler's Grandparents to open up gifts with them and be with all his more immediate family. And then we just chilled at his parents house and watched Brave and then had leftover Christmas Eve Dinner.

Oh Christmas Eve! We spent Christmas Eve with Tylers family and had fun hanging out, had an awesome dinner, and everyone got new PJ's. Christmas was so much fun this year now that Cambri is a little older. She still didn't get too into the opening presents gig. She just wanted to play with the toys. But it was so fun to have her to make it extra magical.

Here's some pics of Christmas Eve and Christmas!

Hanging out Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve PJ's

Cambri was lucky and got two Christmas PJ's. One from Grandma and one form Mom and Dad.

Christmas Morning

I had Colton for Christmas and gave him an "I-Pad"and Tyler loved his Toilet Paper roll of $100 bills (not real. He's always saying one day I'm going to be able to wipe my a** with $100 bills)

 Christmas Day

Tyler's Grandma got Cambri the cutest wood doll cradle. Love it! One of my students gave me these Swedish wish cookies that are really neat. You make a wish and gently tap it and if it breaks in 3 pieces your wish comes true!

White Christmas

I was so glad that we had a white Christmas and I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful family to celebrate this day with and to have a special day to remember the birth of our savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment