Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tyler is 25!!!


Tyler turned the big 25 on Sep. 30th! We had a fun day by me surprising him by going to get deluxe pedicures. Yes, he actually enjoyed it! We then went to the end of his brothers football game and then his family took him out to Texas Roadhouse for his dinner. I asked him what type of cake he wanted and he said he wanted a peach cake. Has anyone ever had a peach cake? Well I complained to him about that and he said an ice cream cake so I thought okay I'll see what I can do. So I found an ice cream cake recipe online and put peaches on top to make him a peach ice cream cake. 


 at Texas Road House they make you ride a saddle on your birthday while everyone gives a big "yeehaw!"


It was my sisters birthday the next day and she was planing on having a bonfire with her friends. So I thought it would be a great situation to have a surprise party for Tyler on his birthday and see some of his old high school friends. That way I could say we're going to my sisters birthday bonfire and then there would be another bonfire with his friends. Well, it sounded like a great idea until I only had 1 couple and my sister and myself confirm to go to the bonfire. The day before there were a couple of more confirmations and then a lot of maybes so I didn't know what to do. But I figured oh well, I guess we'll just see if anyone shows up. First of all it was a huge pain to convince Tyler to come because we had to miss his brothers football game...oh no! (said sarcastically)... but he finally agreed. Then we go and help kimberly get her fire started for her birthday bonfire and I wait to see if anyone shows up. Tyler and I went to get something from the car and we found our friends the Downings playing on the playground! yay someone showed up so I told Tyler surprise and we had a little party with the 4 of us and the Downings adorable 1 year old. A little later another couple, the Bowles come with their 2 week old baby!...and then the arrivals stopped. SO we had fun with our little group of 6 and decided to stay away from the fire with a 1 year old and 2 week old. It was so great to see a couple of friends that we haven't seen forever. I guess it was just a bad weekend with everyone being out of town conference weekend and missionary reunions. We also realized at that point that our days of having bonfires and random outings aren't going to be as easy now that the majority of our friends have babies and we will soon be joining them. Next time we'll just watch the football game at our house haha. Oh, well, at least I tried!

The Downings left before I remembered to take a picture but here's us with the Bowles!
 Kimberly's Birthday Bonfire
Our Birthday Bonfire


And last but not least...On Sunday we celebrated Tyler, my sister and our cousins birthday (they had 3 birthdays in a row) at my grandparents house!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend. I can't believe Ty is 25...what a grandpa...j/k It seems just like yesterday that we were romping through the playground as kids...ok, j/k again. I'm in a weird mood. Hopefully I will be in Utah next year to celebrate all the birthday madness with everyone. SO FUN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun with you guys! Thanks for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete