
Wow, the last day of school has come and gone and now it's officially summer break. It's such a strange feeling. A part of me is happy, a part of me is sad, and big part of me just feels like it's spring (or should I say Christmas due to the recent snow activity) break and I'll be back to my same class in a couple of weeks. I had a great year and especially this last couple weeks of school I realized how much I LOVE teaching and love the kids. It's so hard because part of me is saying I want to teach in a classroom forever! And part of me is saying it's time to start a family and teach your own children. What to do and when to do it? One of my awesome parents in my class wrote me the best letter and this is why I teach so I thought I would share it:
Mrs. Babb,
You are it. You are the amazing teacher that Ben will remember forever. You have been so great for him this year. How could I ever thank you enough. From the 1st day when he completely fell apart and without even being told you knew to give him space and let him participate when he was ready. He has felt loved and valued and a parent cannot give enough thanks for that. You are an amazing and fun teacher. Thanks so much.
Love,
-------
I mean, isn't that what life is all about. To serve and to make a difference. I always am hoping that students will remember me down the road when they are my age. How cool is that to know that you will always be remembered.
One of my students came up to me the last day of school after I gave them their paper with their new teachers and he said "Mrs. Babb. Your going to be my teacher next time?" And I said "no sweetie, next time you get to be in first grade and get a new teacher." After that all the kids ran outside because we were going to release our butterfly's into the wild. I poked my head in the coat room and there was the little boy putting the remainder of his items in his backpack wiping away his tears. Then when his mom comes to get him he runs up to me and says "but I want you to be my teacher"
How heartbreaking is that! I just love this age of innocence and pure love from these children. I couldn't think of a better job to have. It's crazy to think that I've already taught 102 children and exciting to think of how I get to start it all over in a few months.


It is fun, isn't it. I don't know how many jobs can give you such satisfaction. I love the picture of the ball!
ReplyDelete